Ireland is a paradise for book lovers with its rich literary history and a wealth of fantastic bookstores to explore. From independent bookshops to sprawling chains, there is something for everyone in Ireland's vibrant bookselling scene. Here are some of the best bookstores to visit in Ireland.
1. The Gutter Bookshop in Dublin is a must-visit for anyone interested in Irish literature. The cozy and welcoming shop stocks a wide range of books by Irish authors, as well as a selection of international titles. It also hosts regular book events and signings, making it a hub for the literary community in Dublin.
2. Dubray Books is a chain of bookstores with branches across Ireland. The stores are known for their wide range of books, as well as their friendly and knowledgeable staff. Dubray also hosts regular events and book clubs, making it a great place to discover new authors and titles.
3. The Book Centre in Waterford is a treasure trove of books, with a wide range of titles covering every genre imaginable. The store also has a fantastic selection of Irish-themed books and gifts, making it a great place to pick up souvenirs for friends and family back home.
4. The Winding Stair Bookshop in Dublin is an independent bookstore with a focus on literature and the arts. The store stocks a carefully curated selection of books, as well as a range of other products such as prints, cards, and gifts. The Winding Stair also has a café on the upper floor, making it a great spot for a coffee and a browse.
5. Kennys Bookshop and Art Gallery in Galway is a family-run business that has been selling books since 1929. The store stocks a wide range of books, as well as a selection of art and gifts. Kennys also hosts regular events and book clubs, making it a lively and engaging place to visit.
Ireland is a book lover's dream, with plenty of fantastic bookstores for every reader. Be sure to visit one of our picks if you ever find yourself in Ireland, and let us know what you thought!